St. Lawrence Community Services Financial Literacy:
Project Step Up
Expanded to the entire service area from the successful Marathon County program, Project Step-Up provides assistance for individuals and families who are struggling to make ends meet. With the help and support of a family mentor and case manager, we can help to assure a successful financial future for their children. Families involved in the program will be motivated to set and accomplish goals to achieve financial stability. Clients gain accountability through successes, acquire problem-solving skills, build family unity and develop life skills in basic budgeting and banking, credit maintenance and financial planning.
The program empowers participants to work with project staff and volunteers to set goals, and link to other community resources
Program Families are motivated to:
- Set and accomplish goals to achieve financial stability.
- Gain accountability in achieving success.
- Acquire problem solving skills.
- Build family unity.
- Gain community resource awareness and supportive relationship.
- Develop life skills in basic budgeting, banking, consumer skills, credit and financial planning.
- Low Income Workers - in development of effective financial strategies.
- Employers - by creating a stronger, more crisis resistant workforce.
- Communities - by the increased financial stability of residents.
Building Financial Independence. . . Together, One Step at a Time.